Acupuncture - Satori Healing in Knoxville
Acupuncture is based around the use of very fine sterile needles that are of single use and inserted in specific acupuncture points. They are used to re-balance the bio-mechanical and organ divergences.
As acupuncture has become one of the widest know of the Traditional Chinese Medicines there are not too many people that have not heard of the practice or known someone that has received treatment with acupuncture for the many conditions it can assist. It has become widely used where traditional treatment methods have failed or where patients are looking for treatment other than the modern drugs that are often prescribed today.
Before we here at Satori Acupuncture we will completely evaluate a patients condition, including general health, diet and current lifestyle. There are many other Chinese Medicine treatments that may be more appropriate to the patients condition so it is important that the acupuncturist is fully aware of the patients current condition and background. This type of interview does not take long but will always preclude an acupuncture treatment.
From a Western medicine perspective, it has been shown through research that acupuncture treatment can trigger different physiological responses, such as:
- Increasing white blood cells by stimulating the immune system, which can defend the body against infection.
- Helping the body use energy more efficiently by regulating ones blood sugar metabolism.
- Producing beneficial changes in blood pressure and decreasing cholesterol and triglycerides by increasing blood circulation.
- Improving digestion by way of increasing stomach peristaltic activity and therefore regulating digestive fluids.
- Assisting areas related to sleep, appetite, and moods by regulating and stimulating serotonin, a neurotransmitter.
- Assisting the brain process and weaken pain signals by increasing the availability of receptors in the brain.
- Reducing the sensation of pain from the brain’s short and long-term ways.
Nikki Peoples of Satori Acupuncture of Knoxville is pleased to sit down with you and discuss any treatment, including acupuncture that could assist your current acute issues or even something that has prevalent for a long time.
Reach out to Nikki on (865) 272 - 9955 or use the Contact form here.
To read more about Acupuncture or to see some of our Frequently Asked Acupuncture Questions us this link.